When designing your cabinet layout you must consider appliance location. Just a few things to consider are:
- Make sure you have clearance around your refrigerator so that the doors can open past 90 degrees. If not, you may not be able to use the drawers because they will not pull out all the way.
- Maintain enough clearance on the all appliances so that the doors can be opened freely without obstruction and you have room to load and unload safely. Pay particular attention to the oven.
- Maintain landing areas on both sides of the cooking surface and near the refrigerator
- When possible, locate trash receptacles near the sink and in line with the dishwasher
- Be careful not to locate microwave ovens too high. This can be dangerous if hot casseroles or dishes are too high to safely be reached.