NEW CASTLE, Del. (AP)- Delaware Psychiatric Center officials say gas pipes connected to a hot water heater in a nursing home unit's boiler room exploded, forcing officials to start moving residents and staff.
Center spokesman Carl Kanefsky says no one was injured and no one was inside the boiler room when the pipes exploded on Tuesday.
Kanefsky says the Carvel Building was left without hot water and all 32 residents will be moved by Friday. In the meantime, officials say they are bringing hot water into the building.
Some staff currently working with residents will accompany them to new adult care facilities. Kanefsky says he doesn't know if or when residents will move back to Carvel.