The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have agreed to terms with the following rookie free agents:
WR Elvis Akpla (6-1, 190, Montana State) … pronounced ACK-pluh
- Posted a school record with 2,270 career receiving yards on 126 receptions, including 18 touchdowns
- Earned a degree in cellular and molecular biology
LS Matt Camilli (6-4, 245, UTEP)
- Earned first-team, All-Conference USA honors in 2011
- Same college as Eagles long snapper Jon Dorenbos
TE Chase Ford (6-6, 245, Miami, FL)
- Caught 16 passes for 184 yards and two touchdowns in two-year career for the Hurricanes
- Transferred from Kilgore Junior College, where he earned 2nd-team All-American honors
CB Cliff Harris (5-11, 180, Oregon)
- Was a consensus All-America selection in 2010 for Oregon with six interceptions (1 TD) and an 18.8-yard average on 29 punt returns (4 TDs)
- Played at Edison High School in Fresno, CA, for head coach Tim McDonald, a former NFL safety
FB Emil Igwenagu (6-2, 245, Massachusetts) … pronounced eh-MEAL ig-wen-AH-goo
- A two-year team captain at UMass and a first-team All-Colonial Athletic Association selection in 2011
- Had 38 receptions for 375 yards and three TDs for the Minutemen last year. Also played running back, tight end, and linebacker during his college career.
WR McKay Jacobson (5-11, 199, BYU)
- Caught 113 career passes for 1,836 yards and 9 TDs at BYU
- Majored in and is fluent in Japanese. Served his LDS Mission in Japan
WR Damaris Johnson (5-8, 170, Tulsa)
- As a junior, became the NCAA's all-time leader in all-purpose yardage (7,796) and kickoff return yardage (3,417) and earned 2nd-team All-America honors
- Had 150 plays of over 20 yards during his college career
WR Aaron Pflugrad (5-10, 182, Arizona State) … pronounced FLU-grad
- Totaled 96 catches for 1,241 yards and 8 scores in NCAA career at Arizona State (2010 -11) and Oregon (2007-08)
RB Chris Polk (5-11, 222, Washington)
- Rushed for 4,049 yards during his Huskies career, 2nd most ever school history. Topped the 1,400-yard mark in his junior and senior seasons.
- Earned first-team All-Pac 12 honors in 2011 with 1,488 rushing yards and 12 TDs. Averaged 5.1 yards per carry and also grabbed 31 passes.
FB Jeremy Stewart (6-1, 218, Stanford)
- Was a fifth-year senior in 2011, playing in all 13 games (55-257-9TDs rushing, 7-79-1TD receiving)
- Majored in mechanical engineering
FS Phillip Thomas (5-11, 198, Syracuse)
- Led the Orange in tackles (82) and interceptions (6) in 2011 and finished career with 135 tackles and nine INTs
- Competed in the 800-meter event for the United States track team that won the 2009 IFAF Junior World Championship
P Ryan Tydlacka (6-1, 190, Kentucky) … pronounced tid-LOTCH-ka
- Averaged 43.6 yards per punt for the Wildcats in 2011, including a 39.6 net yard average (2nd in SEC).
- Had 20 punts of at least 50 yards, leading the SEC in that category, and he also placed 19 punts inside the 20-yard line.
WR Darnell Williams (6-2, 195, Louisiana College)
- Led the Wildcats with 62 catches for 1,101 yards and 10 TDs in 2011