Fire Ruins Lewes Home - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Ruins Lewes Home

Posted: Updated:
WBOC NewsWatcher John Fitzgerald submitted this photo of Monday afternoon's house fire in Lewes. WBOC NewsWatcher John Fitzgerald submitted this photo of Monday afternoon's house fire in Lewes.

LEWES, Del.- Authorities are searching for the cause of a Monday morning fire that heavily damaged a Lewes home.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze occurred at around 11:31 a.m. at the house located on the 29000 block of Lewes-Georgetown Highway. 

The Lewes Fire Department responded to the scene and was assisted by the Rehoboth Beach, Milton and Indian River fire departments. Upon arrival they encountered smoke showing. 

The home was equipped with working smoke detectors, according to investigators. There were no reported injuries. Damages have been estimated at $150,000. 

Investigators have determined that the fire originated in the family room of the home.

  • Delmarvawide NewsDelmarvawide NewsMore>>

  • Delmar Police Warn of IRS Scam

    Delmar Police Warn of IRS Scam

    Thursday, April 24 2014 6:15 PM EDT2014-04-24 22:15:51 GMT
    Delmar Police are warning of a scam involving individuals claiming to be employees of the Internal Revenue Service and targeting people in Delmar.More
    Delmar Police are warning of a scam involving individuals claiming to be employees of the Internal Revenue Service and targeting people in Delmar. More
  • Cambridge Struggles With Trash Problems

    Cambridge Struggles With Trash Problems

    Thursday, April 24 2014 8:52 PM EDT2014-04-25 00:52:55 GMT
    CAMBRIDGE, Md.- It's a common sight in Cambridge lately, business owners sweeping trash off the streets in front of their buildings downtown. That trash ranges from dirt, to bottles, cigarettes, and even used diapers. Some business owners say the city isn't doing enough to keep downtown neat. For shoppers like Patricia Logan, it's a problem too."It's a mess. We have people who come in from out of town and we're very proud of this town but we can't be proud of it with dirt on the streets." sai...More
    CAMBRIDGE, Md.- It's a common sight in Cambridge lately, business owners sweeping trash off the streets in front of their buildings downtown. That trash ranges from dirt, to bottles, cigarettes, and even used diapers. Some business owners say the city isn't doing enough to keep downtown neat. For shoppers like Patricia Logan, it's a problem too."It's a mess. We have people who come in from out of town and we're very proud of this town but we can't be proud of it with dirt on the streets." sai...More
  • Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Thursday, April 24 2014 7:40 PM EDT2014-04-24 23:40:59 GMT
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Delmar Man Gets 75 Years for Murder

    Delmar Man Gets 75 Years for Murder

    Thursday, April 24 2014 12:07 PM EDT2014-04-24 16:07:17 GMT
    A Delmar man convicted of second-degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred last year was sentenced to 75 years in prison Thursday, according to the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office.More
    A Delmar man convicted of second-degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred last year was sentenced to 75 years in prison Thursday, according to the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office. More
  • Fire at Berlin Main Street Restaurant

    Fire at Berlin Main Street Restaurant

    Thursday, April 24 2014 1:05 PM EDT2014-04-24 17:05:28 GMT
    BERLIN, Md. – The manager of Siculi Rustic Italian Restaurant said a small fire started in the kitchen of the restaurant, which is located on Main Street.More
    The manager of Siculi Rustic Italian Restaurant on Main Street in Berlin says a small fire started in the kitchen late Thursday morning.More
  • Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Thursday, April 24 2014 7:40 PM EDT2014-04-24 23:40:59 GMT
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service