MARYDEL, Del.— The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office says a malfunctioning dryer is to blame for a Tuesday fire that caused an estimated $75,000 in damage to a home in Marydel.
According to investigators, the Marydel Fire Company responded to the 900 block of Strauss Avenue after a passerby reported the fire shortly after 10 a.m. Firefighters said smoke and flames were coming from the home when they arrived but the fire was placed under control in about half an hour.
Officials said nobody was home during the fire and there were no reported injuries.
Authorities determined the fire originated in the laundry room of the one-story manufactured home.
The Red Cross is assisting the displaced occupants.
Tuesday, June 18 2013 9:37 PM EDT2013-06-19 01:37:33 GMT
SALISBURY, Md.- A plan has been set in motion to bring some new low-income to moderate-income housing to one Salisbury neighborhood.There is not much left of the old laundry business on Anne Street inMore
A plan has been set in motion to bring some new low-income to moderate-income housing to one Salisbury neighborhood.More
Tuesday, June 18 2013 12:38 PM EDT2013-06-18 16:38:16 GMT
CAMDEN, Del.- Delaware State Police detectives have arrested a Camden-Wyoming man accused of raping a 15-year-old girl. Jason S. Anker, 32, was taken into custody Monday and charged with first-degreeMore
Delaware State Police detectives have arrested a Camden-Wyoming man accused of raping a 15-year-old girl.More
Fourteen-year-old Christina Atkins died two years ago. Her family said she was in a locked bathroom at Beebe Medical Center in Lewes giving a urine sample, when she had some sort of a medical emergency. What exactly that emergency was remains a mystery. Regardless, she was behind a locked door. WBOC's Mike Chesney reports.More