Md. Family Sickened by Carbon Monoxide - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Md. Family Sickened by Carbon Monoxide

Posted:

GLENARDEN, Md. (AP)- The Prince George's County fire department says a Glenarden family of five was taken to a hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide.

Fire department spokesman Mark Brady says family members awoke Monday morning with complaints of headaches and nausea and called 911. Brady says firefighters and paramedics responded to the family's home on Reicher Street and evaluated them. The family, including parents and three children, were taken to a Baltimore hospital and were in good condition.

Firefighters detected a high level of carbon monoxide in the home. Brady says firefighters shut down the home's natural gas furnace and water heater and ventilated the house. Brady says officials believe that the carbon monoxide leak was caused by one of the two appliances.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service