Faulty Blamed for Rehoboth Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Faulty Heater Blamed for Rehoboth Fire

Posted:

REHOBOTH BEACH, Del.- A malfunctioning kerosene heater sparked a Monday afternoon fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a home in Rehoboth Beach, authorities said.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze broke out at around 12:18 p.m. in the rear bedroom of the home located on the 19000 block of Norwood Street.

The Rehoboth Fire Department responded to the scene and with the help of Lewes and Indian River fire departments, was able to get the fire under control. 

There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $6,000 in damage to the single-wide mobile home. 

The victims- three adults and two children- are being assisted by the Red Cross.

Investigators have ruled the fire accidental.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service