2 Sentenced to Prison in Worcester County Murder Case - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

2 Sentenced to Prison in Worcester County Murder Case

38-year-old Clarence Jackson 38-year-old Clarence Jackson
32-year-old Tia Johnson 32-year-old Tia Johnson
21-year-old Justin Michael Hadel 21-year-old Justin Michael Hadel
Christine Marie Sheddy of Delaware, murder victim Christine Marie Sheddy of Delaware, murder victim

SNOW HILL, Md.- Two accomplices in a Worcester County murder case are going to prison.

On Thursday morning, Circuit Court Judge Thomas Groton III sentenced 38-year-old Clarence Jackson to 30 years in prison and 32-year-old Tia Johnson to 7-and-a-half years behind bars for the roles they played in the murder of Christine Marie Sheddy.

The 26-year-old Milford, Del., mother of three disappeared from a Pocomoke City home in November 2007. Her skeletal remains were found in March 2010 buried behind a bed and breakfast in downtown Snow Hill.

Jackson and Johnson were charged as accessories after the fact in that they helped to move and conceal Sheddy's body.

Twenty-one-year-old Justin Michael Hadel of College Station, Texas, is serving life without parole for Sheddy's murder. Court records show Hadel killed Sheddy on or about Nov. 13, 2007, at a home at 2911 Byrd Road in Pocomoke City.

During Thursday's sentencing, Jackson told Sheddy's family, "I would like to apologize to the family. I did not kill her. I am deeply sorry from the bottom of my heart and I hope you forgive me."

In her statement to the court, Johnson apologized to Sheddy's mother, Lynn Dodenhoff, and the rest of Sheddy's surviving relatives.

"I am deeply sorry to Lynn and her family," Johnson said. "I am a mother as well and could not imagine the force of that pain. There is no happy ending in this case for anyone. I suffer in grief every day. I fully accept this responsibility. I also sincerely apologize to my family for the suffering and pain I have caused them."

Dodenhoff told the court about the impact Sheddy's death had on her family, including the three children her daughter left behind.

"I have three grandchildren who miss their mother," she said. "My oldest granddaughter asks me every day, 'Why did God do this to her?' I just cannot wrap my head around something like this. I am trying to get my daughter's children to live a normal life. Christine did not deserve to die the way she did."

Rick Lesser, the newest owner of the bed and breakfast behind where Sheddy's body was found, said that Thursday's decision is a much needed closure for the Snow Hill community.

"We all have to deal with tragedy at times. But I am glad to see that justice is being done," he said.

Other people said it is a tragedy that will never be forgotten, especially for a mother who will never get her daughter back.

"I can't imagine how she felt, I'm sure the whole family was devastated," said Tammy Velenovsky. "I know I have two children and I worry every day about them."

Ann Coates said she remembers the whole incident all too well, but is glad to know that those responsible for the tragedy are being held accountable.

"The community has to have some closure with something like this but the families are really the ones that have the most closure in anything like this," Coates said. "The victim's family is the really the central part of when a decision like this is made."

Both Jackson and Johnson are being held at the Worcester County Jail pending their transfer to the Department of Corrections.

Banner Plane Makes Emergency Landing in Showell

Friday, June 23 2017 4:31 PM EDT2017-06-23 20:31:26 GMT
    Friday, June 23 2017 4:31 PM EDT2017-06-23 20:31:26 GMT
    Photo of the plane from Chopper16Photo of the plane from Chopper16

A banner plane had to make an emergency landing in Showell Friday afternoon after reportedly running out of fuel.

New Children's Museum Possible in Salisbury

Thursday, June 22 2017 2:56 PM EDT2017-06-22 18:56:38 GMT
    Friday, June 23 2017 3:33 PM EDT2017-06-23 19:33:53 GMT
    (Photo: WBOC)(Photo: WBOC)

Children in Salisbury may be getting a brand new place to explore and learn. Discussions of a new children's museum are in the works, although the development is still in its very early stages.

Saturday Events Will Cause Traffic Delays on DE 1

Friday, June 23 2017 11:45 AM EDT2017-06-23 15:45:10 GMT
    Friday, June 23 2017 11:45 AM EDT2017-06-23 15:45:10 GMT

Two funeral processions are expected to cause traffic delays Saturday on Route 1 in the area of Little Heaven and outside of Milford.

Route 90 Bridge Jumpers Not Found

Thursday, June 22 2017 9:50 PM EDT2017-06-23 01:50:23 GMT
    Thursday, June 22 2017 10:41 PM EDT2017-06-23 02:41:12 GMT

Two men were not found after jumping from the eastern most side of the Route 90 bridge Wednesday, according to the Ocean City Police Department.

Delaware Man Arrested After Domestic Complaint in Georgetown

Thursday, June 22 2017 11:58 PM EDT2017-06-23 03:58:01 GMT
    Friday, June 23 2017 12:00 AM EDT2017-06-23 04:00:56 GMT
    Brian Bell was arrested after a domestic incident in Georgetown.Brian Bell was arrested after a domestic incident in Georgetown.

A Frankford man was arrested after police responded to a domestic complaint in Georgetown, according to the Georgetown Police Department.

Multi-State Doctor Indicted on Bank Fraud Charges

Friday, June 23 2017 4:27 AM EDT2017-06-23 08:27:50 GMT
    Friday, June 23 2017 4:27 AM EDT2017-06-23 08:27:50 GMT

A federal grand jury in Delaware has indicted a Maryland doctor on charges of conspiring to commit bank fraud and making false statements on loan applications.