Fire Damages Mardela Springs Business - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Damages Mardela Springs Business

Updated:

MARDELA SPRINGS, Md.- Authorities say an unattended candle was to blame for the fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to Main Street Treasures and Thrift Store in Mardela Springs.

According to the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office, the fire began at approximately 1:20 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 31, at the two-story business located at 315 Main St.  

It took 26 firefighters from Mardela, Hebron and Sharptown approximately 30 minutes to get the fire under control.

The fire caused approximately $4,000 in damage to the structure and $600 in damage to its contents.

Investigators determined that the fire was accidental, caused by an unattended candle in the foyer.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service