Del. State Senate Candidate Denies Sex Charges - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Del. State Senate Candidate Denies Sex Charges

Posted: Updated:
Eric Bodenweiser Eric Bodenweiser

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP/WBOC)- A former Delaware state Senate candidate is denying sex charges that forced him to quit the race.

Fifty-three-year-old Eric Bodenweiser issued a statement Saturday saying he absolutely and forcefully denies the allegations. Bodenweiser's attorney says he is scheduled to appear Monday at a hearing in the case in Sussex County Superior Court.

Attorney Joe Hurley said his client is speaking out now to avoid the perception he agrees with what the attorney called a disturbingly false accusation.

Bodenweiser is accused of sexually abusing a boy between October 1987 and August 1990. He was arrested last month following a Sussex County grand jury indictment charging him with 39 counts of unlawful sexual intercourse and 74 counts of unlawful sexual contact.  

Bodenweiser had won the Republican primary and was favored to win the 19th District seat when he was indicted and withdrew from the race.

Former Georgetown Mayor Brian Pettyjohn replaced him and won the seat.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service