Fed Court Upholds Life Sentence in Child Porn Case - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fed Court Upholds Life Sentence in Child Porn Case

Posted:
Paul Pavulak Paul Pavulak

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP)- A federal appeals court has upheld the life sentence of a New Castle man convicted on child sex charges after traveling to the Philippines to meet a woman and her 2-year-old daughter.

Sixty-eight-year-old Paul Pavulak argued that evidence in his case should have been suppressed because a Delaware State Police search warrant affidavit failed to establish probable cause.

The appeals court agreed last week that the affidavit failed to establish probable cause for child pornography. But the court said the officers reasonably relied on the warrants in good faith and that the judge properly refused to suppress the evidence.

Prosecutors said Pavulak, who was twice convicted of molesting the daughters of his girlfriends, made sex videos with the Filipino woman and planned to have sex with her daughter as well.

 

  • Delmarvawide NewsDelmarvawide NewsMore>>

  • Sex Abuse Settlement Drained by Victim's Family

    Sex Abuse Settlement Drained by Victim's Family

    Thursday, July 31 2014 1:45 PM EDT2014-07-31 17:45:18 GMT
    A Delaware judge says much of the settlement money for a man who was sexually abused by a Catholic priest has been spent by family members on cars, jewelry and other property.More
    A Delaware judge says much of the settlement money for a man who was sexually abused by a Catholic priest has been spent by family members on cars, jewelry and other property.More
  • Easton Woman Charged with Murder of Virginia Tech Student

    Easton Woman Charged with Murder of Virginia Tech Student

    Thursday, July 31 2014 12:48 PM EDT2014-07-31 16:48:41 GMT
    A 22-year-old Easton, Md. woman has been charged with both first- and second-degree murder in Virginia's Montgomery County Circuit Court.More
    A 22-year-old Easton, Md. woman has been charged with both first- and second-degree murder in Virginia's Montgomery County Circuit Court.More
  • Speedway to Host 9/11 Memorial Blood Drive

    Speedway to Host 9/11 Memorial Blood Drive

    Thursday, July 31 2014 12:46 PM EDT2014-07-31 16:46:07 GMT
    Dover International Speedway will host its ninth annual 9/11 Memorial Blood Drive on September 11. The event will take place in the Dover Downs Hotel and Casino from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. All donors will receive a complimentary pair of tickets to the NASCAR Nationwide Series race, scheduled for September 27 at the Speedway.More
    Dover International Speedway will host its ninth annual 9/11 Memorial Blood Drive on September 11. The event will take place in the Dover Downs Hotel and Casino from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. All donors will receive a complimentary pair of tickets to the NASCAR Nationwide Series race, scheduled for September 27 at the Speedway.More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service