Aerial view of the Jersey Road home where Tuesday morning's triple shooting occurred. (Photo: WBOC Chopper 16)
CAMBRIDGE, Md.- A suspect wanted in connection with an early Tuesday triple shooting in Salisbury that left one person dead and two others injured has been captured in Cambridge, according to Wicomico County Sheriff Mike Lewis.
The suspect, identified as 19-year-old Myles David Lyons of Salisbury, was located in a home on the 900 block of Phillips Street in Cambridge. According to Lewis, Lyons would not surrender so police had to kick the home's door down to take him out by force. The sheriff said Lyons will be brought back to Wicomico County to face first-degree murder and attempted murder charges.
Lyons was wanted in connection with an incident that occurred at around 3:30 a.m. at a home on Jersey Road in Salisbury. When deputies arrived on the scene, they found three females who had been shot.
Investigators identified the first victim as a juvenile female who had sustained a gunshot wound to her chest and a stab wound to her face.
The second victim was identified as 39-year-old Lakisha Jackson, who suffered a gunshot wound to the face and in the chest and also had a stab wound to the chest. She was taken to Peninsula Regional Medical Center where she was pronounced dead.
According to police, the third victim was identified as 19-year-old Tyisha Jackson, who suffered from two gunshot wounds to the back. Both Tyisha Jackson and the juvenile female were taken to PRMC, where they are listed in critical condition.
Investigators said one of the younger victims was Lyons' girlfriend and 8-months pregnant with his child. According to police, the crime is believed to have been domestic-related.
Lyons fled the crime scene in a car, which later found in Cambridge. Police continued to search for Lyons, who was taken into custody early Tuesday afternoon.
Saturday, May 18 2013 10:19 AM EDT2013-05-18 14:19:20 GMT
DELMAR, Del-This week WBOC has been following the discussion about adding two more casinos in Delaware; one of them being in Sussex County. A house committee in the First State put a plan for two moreMore
This week WBOC has been following the discussion about adding two more casinos in Delaware; one of them being in Sussex County. A House committee in the First State put a plan for two more casinos temporarily on hold.More