Child Playing With Candle Blamed for Salisbury Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Child Playing With Candle Blamed for Salisbury Fire

Posted:
(Photo: CBS) (Photo: CBS)

SALISBURY, Md.- Authorities say a child playing with a candle accidentally sparked a fire at a Salisbury home on Wednesday morning.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze occurred at around 7:41 a.m. in the second floor bedroom of a two-story townhouse at 742 Hemlock St.

Twelve firefighters from all three Salisbury fire stations responded to the fire and quickly got it under control, according to officials.

The fire caused an estimated $5,000 to the structure and another $500 in damage to its contents.

There were no reported injuries.

 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service