Sharptown Man Burned in Accidental Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Sharptown Man Burned in Accidental Fire

Posted: Updated:

SHARPTOWN, Md.- Authorities say a Sharptown man had to be taken to the hospital for burns he received after using gasoline to ignite a chiminea, which is a type of outdoor fireplace.

The Maryland State Marshal's Office said the incident at around 8 p.m. Sunday, at a home on the 400 block of Church Street. According to investigators, the victim suffered second-degree burn injuries to his right hand and leg. He was driven Peninsula Regional Medical Center in Salisbury where he was treated for his injuries and released.

There were no other reported injuries or damage to the home.

 

  • Most Popular VideosMost Popular VideosMore>>

  • Mobile Features and Text Alerts

    Mobile Features and Text Alerts

  • NRP Cracking Down on Crabbers

    NRP Cracking Down on Crabbers

    It has been known to happen in the past. Sometimes people catch crabs under the state's size limit and keep them. Now, the natural resources police is stepping up enforcement to make sure that if you break the law, you're going to pay for it.

    More

    It has been known to happen in the past. Sometimes people catch crabs under the state's size limit and keep them. Now, the natural resources police is stepping up enforcement to make sure that if you break the law, you're going to pay for it.

    More
  • Trimper's Rides Being Sued

    Trimper's Rides Being Sued

     The Ocean City amusement park is being sued after an accident on a ride left a two year old boy with a traumatic brain injury two years ago.

    More

     The Ocean City amusement park is being sued after an accident on a ride left a two year old boy with a traumatic brain injury two years ago.

    More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service