Unattended Cooking Blamed for Dorchester County Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Unattended Cooking Blamed for Dorchester County Fire

Posted:
(Photo: CBS) (Photo: CBS)

EAST NEW MARKET, Md.- Investigators with the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office blame unattended cooking for a fire that heavily damaged a home in Dorchester County.

The fire reportedly broke out at around 2:26 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 30, at a one-story home at 5646 Belle Aire Road in East New Market.

Thirty firefighters from the East New Market, Secretary and Rescue (Cambridge) fire companies responded to the blaze. It took about half an hour to get the fire under control.

No injuries were reported. Authorities said the fire caused approximately $70,000 in damage to the home and $20,000 in damage to its contents.

The fire has been ruled accidental and started in the kitchen, according to investigators.

The Red Cross is assisting the home's occupants.
 

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Delmar Man Gets 75 Years for Murder

    Delmar Man Gets 75 Years for Murder

    Thursday, April 24 2014 12:07 PM EDT2014-04-24 16:07:17 GMT
    A Delmar man convicted of second-degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred last year was sentenced to 75 years in prison Thursday, according to the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office.More
    A Delmar man convicted of second-degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred last year was sentenced to 75 years in prison Thursday, according to the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office. More
  • Fire at Berlin Main Street Restaurant

    Fire at Berlin Main Street Restaurant

    Thursday, April 24 2014 1:05 PM EDT2014-04-24 17:05:28 GMT
    BERLIN, Md. – The manager of Siculi Rustic Italian Restaurant said a small fire started in the kitchen of the restaurant, which is located on Main Street.More
    The manager of Siculi Rustic Italian Restaurant on Main Street in Berlin says a small fire started in the kitchen late Thursday morning.More
  • Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Thursday, April 24 2014 11:34 PM EDT2014-04-25 03:34:48 GMT
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service