Fire Damages Cambridge Home - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Damages Cambridge Home

Posted:

CAMBRIDGE, Md.- Authorities say carelessly discarded smoking materials spared a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Cambridge home on New Year's Day.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze broke out at around 1:30 p.m. on the second floor apartment of a two-story building on Elm Street.

It took 22 firefighters from the Rescue (Cambridge) Fire Company approximately half an hour to get the fire under control.

There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage to the structure and another $1,000 in damage to its contents.

Investigators ruled the fire accidental. The Red Cross is assisting the home's displaced occupants.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service