Early Morning Fire Damages Home Outside Princess Anne - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Early Morning Fire Damages Home Outside Princess Anne

Updated:

PRINCESS ANNE, Md.- Authorities have ruled as accidental a Tuesday morning fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a home west of Princess Anne.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze broke out shortly after 6 a.m. at the two-story home located at 26518 Mt. Vernon Road.

It took 19 firefighters from the Mt. Vernon, Princess Anne and Deal Island fire companies approximately five minutes to get the fire under control.

While there were no reported injuries, investigators said two cats and one ferret died in the fire.

The fire caused an estimated $15,000 in damage to the structure and another $5,000 in damage to its contents. A smoke alarm was present, but investigators said it did not activate.

Deputy State Fire Marshals determined the fire started on a three season porch and was caused by an overheated extension cord. 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service