Fire Damages Home in Georgetown - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Damages Home in Georgetown

Posted:

GEORGETOWN, Del.- Authorities have ruled as accidental a Friday morning fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a home in Georgetown.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office reports that the blaze broke out shortly after 9 a.m. on the unit block of Snow Road.  

The Millsboro Fire Department responded to the scene and was assisted by Georgetown Fire Department. Upon arrival they encountered heavy fire.

The home was not occupied at the time of the fire. No injuries were reported. Damages have been estimated at $20,000. The victim is being assisted by the Red Cross.

Investigators determined that the fire originated in the chimney area of the wood stove and was caused by combustibles too close to the stove pipe.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service