Delaware Ravens Fans Show Team Pride Before Super Bowl - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Delaware Ravens Fans Show Team Pride Before Super Bowl

The purple Ravens Christmas tree at Ryon Helminiack's home in Millsboro. (Photo: WBOC) The purple Ravens Christmas tree at Ryon Helminiack's home in Millsboro. (Photo: WBOC)

SUSSEX COUNTY, Del.- Baltimore Ravens fans across Delmarva are gearing up for the Super Bowl and even some lucky ones are going to the big game.

"I've been a fan since I was 7-years-old," said Ryon Helminiak of Millsboro, who is now 20. One can imagine that for a die-hard Ravens fan, the long-time loyalty has added up to a lot of collectible memorabilia in his den.

"I have my Ravens with me when I am playing golf," Helminiak said of his golf club, "I have a Build-A-Bear with Rravens stuff on it, players special edition jackets and I mean I have enough jerseys to wear one every day of the week. "

A purple Christmas trees is also something that's hard to miss in his den which is decorated with none other than Ravens ornaments.

"I put it up every year right after Thanksgiving and it doesn't come down until after the season is over," Helminiak said.

Helminiak isn't the only one with a purple tree as just down the road purple lights glow on a tree in front of Woody's East Coast Bar and Grill in Dewey Beach.

"I run specials for the Ravens fans ," said Jimmy O' Conor, the owner of the restaurant. "People who come in with jerseys we run specials for, it's pretty much known in Dewey that this is the place to watch the Ravens game."

O'Conor said he is a big enough fan that this year he's showing his Ravens pride in "The Big Easy."

"I regrettably did not get to go to the game," O' Conor said about the 2000 Super Bowl game when the Ravens played. "I  should have gone to that so I am definitely going to this one and who knows when they're going to be back."

Even though O'Conor has his regrets, he and Helminiak both said that this year they will not miss any celebrations.

"If we win, I am going to the Super Bowl parade and I'm going to be the happiest guy in the world," Helminiak said.

Delaware Police Arrest Three in Meth Lab Operation

08/20/2017 16:29:00 -04:002017-08-20 20:29:00 GMT
    Monday, August 21 2017 12:24 AM EDT2017-08-21 04:24:59 GMT
    Delaware State Police arrested three men after information was received into the manufacturing of methamphetamine (meth) at a home west of Farmington.More

How to Tell the Difference Between Real and Fake Solar Glasses

Monday, August 21 2017 7:59 AM EDT2017-08-21 11:59:44 GMT
    Monday, August 21 2017 8:00 AM EDT2017-08-21 12:00:11 GMT

People in Salisbury question whether or not the solar glasses that are being sold are real or fake. After the Amazon recall of solar viewers some people in Salisbury said they are now hesitant to buy them.Fran Lane of Salisbury said, "You

• Salisbury Stores Sold Out of Solar Eclipse Glasses

Salisbury Stores Sold out of Solar Eclipse Glasses

08/21/2017 07:25:00 -04:002017-08-21 11:25:00 GMT
    Monday, August 21 2017 7:26 AM EDT2017-08-21 11:26:19 GMT

The solar eclipse is just one day away, a total solar eclipse will cross the U.S. mainland and millions of people will be watching.In order to watch the eclipse safely, you'll need special eclipse glasses to protect your eyes. "Well, I don't have an

A total solar eclipse will cross the U.S. mainland on Monday and millions of people will be watching. In order to watch the eclipse safely, you'll need special eclipse glasses to protect your eyes.