PRINCESS ANNE, Md.- Authorities say a mouse nest is to blame for a Wednesday afternoon fire that damaged a mobile home in Princess Anne.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said that the blaze broke out shortly after 4 p.m. at the 12-foot by 80-foot vacant mobile home located at 10358 Champ Road.
Fifteen Princess Anne and Deal Island firefighters responded to the scene and extinguished the fire in about two minutes.
There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $1,000 in damage to the structure.
Deputy State Fire Marshals said an investigation revealed the fire was started by a mouse nest hidden in a HVAC unit of the home. Investigators determined that due to the nest being heated by the HVAC unit, it eventually ignited, causing a fire in the exterior duct work.
Saturday, May 18 2013 10:19 AM EDT2013-05-18 14:19:20 GMT
DELMAR, Del-This week WBOC has been following the discussion about adding two more casinos in Delaware; one of them being in Sussex County. A house committee in the First State put a plan for two moreMore
This week WBOC has been following the discussion about adding two more casinos in Delaware; one of them being in Sussex County. A House committee in the First State put a plan for two more casinos temporarily on hold.More
Two Ocean City brother, Samir and Basel Ramadan, are behind bars. Federal officals say the two are ringleaders of a cigarette smuggling ring that netted millions. Police have arrested 15 people in this case - and now they're trying to find out where is all the money. As WBOC's LeAnne Matach reports, neighbors of the two brother say they are shocked that something like this was happening in their community.More