Child Lights Bed on Fire in Salisbury, No Injuries - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Child Lights Bed on Fire in Salisbury, No Injuries

Posted:

SALISBURY, Md. (AP) - A 4-year-old boy who was playing with matches lit his bed on fire in a Salisbury apartment but has escaped unharmed.

The fire broke out Saturday morning at the apartment on Winterborne Lane. A sprinkler system in the apartment extinguished the fire.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's office says the boy's parents discovered the fire after smoke alarms went off. They alerted their neighbors to evacuate.

The fire caused about $4,000 in damage. No one was injured.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service