Del. Courthouse Closed Another Day After Shooting - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Del. Courthouse Closed Another Day After Shooting

Posted:
The New Castle Courthouse is shown after Monday's shooting that left three people dead. (Photo: AP) The New Castle Courthouse is shown after Monday's shooting that left three people dead. (Photo: AP)

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - The New Castle County Courthouse in Wilmington will remain closed to the public for another day in the aftermath of a shooting there.

Court officials said in a statement that the courthouse will remain closed to the public on Wednesday with a few limited exceptions. Those include regularly scheduled Court of Chancery proceedings and some proceedings conducted by videophone.

Regular operations are expected to begin Thursday.

Three people, including the gunman, died in the shooting at the courthouse on Monday. Authorities said Tuesday that the gunman, 68-year-old Thomas Matusiewicz, killed his former daughter-in-law and her friend before fatally shooting himself.

 

  • Delmarvawide NewsDelmarvawide NewsMore>>

  • Applications for U.S. Unemployment Aid Jump to 329K

    Applications for U.S. Unemployment Aid Jump to 329K

    Thursday, April 24 2014 10:23 AM EDT2014-04-24 14:23:04 GMT
    The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits surged 24,000 to a seasonally adjusted 329,000 last week, though the gain likely reflected temporary layoffs in the week before Easter.More
    The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment benefits surged 24,000 to a seasonally adjusted 329,000 last week, though the gain likely reflected temporary layoffs in the week before Easter.More
  • Arrest Made in Dover Shooting

    Arrest Made in Dover Shooting

    Thursday, April 24 2014 9:30 AM EDT2014-04-24 13:30:09 GMT
    Dover police have arrested a man accused of firing several gunshots during an argument with his girlfriend.More
    Dover police have arrested a man accused of firing several gunshots during an argument with his girlfriend.More
  • FDA Proposes First Regulations for E-Cigarettes

    FDA Proposes First Regulations for E-Cigarettes

    Thursday, April 24 2014 9:02 AM EDT2014-04-24 13:02:17 GMT
    The federal government wants to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to minors and require approval for new products and health warning labels under regulations being proposed by the Food and Drug Administration.More
    The federal government wants to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to minors and require approval for new products and health warning labels under regulations being proposed by the Food and Drug Administration.More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service