Fire Damages Cambridge Home - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Damages Cambridge Home

Posted:
(Photo: CBS) (Photo: CBS)

CAMBRIDGE, Md.- Authorities have ruled as accidental a late Wednesday night fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Cambridge home.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze broke out shortly before midnight at a one-story single family home located at 502 Burton St.

It took 45 firefighters from the Rescue (Cambridge) and eight fire companies approximately an hour to get the two-alarm fire under control.

There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to the structure and another $10,000 in damage to its contents.

Investigators determined the fire started in the attic and was due to an electrical malfunction.

The Red Cross is assisting the home's displaced occupants.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service