Salisbury Woman Burned in Cooking Accident - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Salisbury Woman Burned in Cooking Accident

Posted:
(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

SALISBURY, Md.- Authorities say a 65-year-old Salisbury woman had to be rushed to the hospital for serious burns she suffered in an early Friday cooking accident.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the incident occurred at around 4:30 a.m. at a home on Marshall Street in Salisbury.

According to investigators, the victim sustained first- and second-degree burns to her upper
body while heating up grease on the kitchen stove. She was initially transported to Peninsula Regional Medical Center for treatment. She was later transported to the Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore for additional treatment of what authorities are calling non-life-threatening injuries.

Investigators blamed unattended cooking for the accident.

 
 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service