SALISBURY, Md.- Authorities say a 65-year-old Salisbury woman had to be rushed to the hospital for serious burns she suffered in an early Friday cooking accident.
The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the incident occurred at around 4:30 a.m. at a home on Marshall Street in Salisbury.
According to investigators, the victim sustained first- and second-degree burns to her upper body while heating up grease on the kitchen stove. She was initially transported to Peninsula Regional Medical Center for treatment. She was later transported to the Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore for additional treatment of what authorities are calling non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators blamed unattended cooking for the accident.
Saturday, May 18 2013 10:19 AM EDT2013-05-18 14:19:20 GMT
DELMAR, Del-This week WBOC has been following the discussion about adding two more casinos in Delaware; one of them being in Sussex County. A house committee in the First State put a plan for two moreMore
This week WBOC has been following the discussion about adding two more casinos in Delaware; one of them being in Sussex County. A House committee in the First State put a plan for two more casinos temporarily on hold.More
Two Ocean City brother, Samir and Basel Ramadan, are behind bars. Federal officals say the two are ringleaders of a cigarette smuggling ring that netted millions. Police have arrested 15 people in this case - and now they're trying to find out where is all the money. As WBOC's LeAnne Matach reports, neighbors of the two brother say they are shocked that something like this was happening in their community.More