Wicomico County Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Wicomico County Apartment Fire Ruled Accidental

Posted: Updated:
WBOC Photo WBOC Photo

SALISBURY, Md. – The Maryland State Fire Marshal has ruled the Sunday residential fire at the Pemberton Apartments in Salisbury accidental, caused by an electrical failure in a bedroom outlet.

The fire broke out around 4 p.m. at 1004 Fairground Drive on the second floor of a three story apartment building.  Officials say there were working smoke detectors but no sprinkler system present.

Forty firefighters from Salisbury, Hebron, and Fruitland fire departments put out the blaze and it was investigated by the Maryland State Police, FBI, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

An estimated $75,000 in damage was done to the building and contents inside. No one was injured in the apartment fire.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service