Grease Fire Damages Queenstown Home - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Grease Fire Damages Queenstown Home

Posted:

QUEENSTOWN, Md.- Authorities say a Queenstown home sustained thousands of dollars in damage as the result of a Tuesday afternoon grease fire.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the fire occurred at around 2:45 p.m. at a single-story home located at 101 Arrington Road.

It took 35 firefighters from the Grasonville, Queenstown and Centreville fire companies approximately half an hour to get the blaze under control.

There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $45,000 in damage to the home and another $15,000 in damage to its contents.

Investigators ruled the fire accidental and said it started as a grease fire on the kitchen stove before spreading. 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service