Federalsburg Mayor Robbed at Gunpoint - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Federalsburg Mayor Robbed at Gunpoint

Video surveillance photos of the suspect wanted for holding up the Federalsburg mayor. Video surveillance photos of the suspect wanted for holding up the Federalsburg mayor.

FEDERALSBURG, Md.- The mayor of Federalsburg says he was robbed of his cellphone after he gave a man a ride in his pickup truck.

"He said he wanted to go to the marina, I said I was going in the other direction, but when he smiled it was like what a nice guy, I thought he belonged here, he doesn't," joked Federalsburg Mayor Bill Beall.

Beall can laugh about it now but said being robbed at gunpoint was scary.

"Having a gun pointed at you, It's a little traumatic but my first reaction was anger," Beall said.

The suspect is being described by police as a black male in his mid-20 who was wearing a gray jacket and blue sweatshirt. The suspect asked Beall for a ride outside of the Super Soda. But once the two started driving toward River Road, Beall says he got the surprise of a lifetime.

"He gets out of truck and looks right at me and has something under his sweatshirt that was round and aimed at me and said I am going to need your wallet. I said, 'You've got to be kidding me man,'" Beall said. "He said, 'I need your wallet now before this goes off,' and I just looked at him and I just hit the gas and took off."

Beall said he has learned his lesson, so what will he do if another stranger asks him for a ride?

"I am going to tell you if I don't know somebody, they're walking," Beall said.

This crime has now left the town on high alert. Police are hoping to catch the man who robbed their mayor.

The suspect made off with Beall's cellphone. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Federalsburg Police Department at (410) 754-8966.

Dover Business Owners Sound Off During Downtown Tour

09/25/2017 19:37:00 -04:002017-09-25 23:37:00 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 8:17 PM EDT2017-09-26 00:17:59 GMT
    Erin Thwaite, owner of Bel's Boutique in Downtown Dover, talks with City Councilman David Anderson about running a store in Downtown Dover.Erin Thwaite, owner of Bel's Boutique in Downtown Dover, talks with City Councilman David Anderson about running a store in Downtown Dover.
    DOVER, Del. --- Dover business owners on Monday gave their thoughts on conditions in the downtown area during a tour by city officials and members of the Downtown Dover Partnership.The Monday morning tour was aimed at getting feedback from local businessMore

Dover Man Arrested for Drug Charges After Traffic Stop

09/25/2017 18:48:00 -04:002017-09-25 22:48:00 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 7:01 PM EDT2017-09-25 23:01:30 GMT
    Courtesy of the Milford Police Department Courtesy of the Milford Police Department
    Milford Police arrested a Dover man after finding drugs in his car during a traffic stop.More

Local Sports Fans React to NFL Protests

09/25/2017 18:40:00 -04:002017-09-25 22:40:00 GMT
    Monday, September 25 2017 6:41 PM EDT2017-09-25 22:41:57 GMT
    NFL players across the country linked arms and kneeled down on one knee - all to take a stand against President Donald Trump and a statement he made last Friday.More