Police Arrest Suspect Wanted in 2012 Laurel Shooting - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Police Arrest Suspect Wanted in 2012 Laurel Shooting

Posted: Updated:
Darron J. Hines Darron J. Hines
The March 2012 shooting occurred at the Carvel Gardens Apartments in Laurel. (Photo: WBOC) The March 2012 shooting occurred at the Carvel Gardens Apartments in Laurel. (Photo: WBOC)

LAUREL, Del.- Delaware State Police on Friday announced the arrest of a Dover man wanted in connection with a March 2012 double shooting that occurred at the Carvel Gardens Apartments in Laurel.

Last week, 27-year-old Darron J. Hines was located by U.S. Marshals in Pikesville, Md., where he was taken into custody and held until he was extradited back to Delaware on Thursday. He was arraigned at Justice of the Peace Court 2 on two counts of attempted first-degree murder and two counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. He is being held in the Sussex Correctional Institution on a $320,000 cash only bond.

According to police, Hines was wanted in connection with an incident that occurred late Wednesday afternoon, March 14, 2012, when the two victims were sitting in a car out in front of the #500 apartment building of Carvel Gardens in Laurel. 

Troopers said Hines approached the vehicle on the driver's side window and produced a handgun. Investigators said the 20-year-old male victim, who was in the driver's seat, and the 21-year-old female victim, who was in the passenger's seat, attempted to exit the vehicle through the passenger's side door as Hines began firing the handgun through the open window.  The male victim was struck in the back and ankle, and the female was struck once in the lower back by numerous rounds fired from the suspect, police said.
The suspect then fled the area in an unknown direction.
The female victim was removed from the scene by DSP helicopter and flown to Christiana Emergency Room where she was treated for the injury she sustained from the gun shot.  The male victim was transported by EMS to Nanticoke Memorial Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery to stabilize his wounds.
Two days after the shooting, police said detectives were able to identify Hines as the shooter  and obtained warrants for his arrest. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices