Del. Police Investigate 2 Separate Motorcycle Crashes - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Del. Police Investigate 2 Separate Motorcycle Crashes

Del. Police Investigate 2 Separate Motorcycle Crashes

(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

MILTON and DOVER, Del.- Delaware State Police are investigating two separate motorcycle crashes that occurred Wednesday night in Kent and Sussex counties.

Police said the first crash occurred around 9 p.m. on Coastal Highway (SR1) just south of Cave Neck Road near Milton. Troopers reported that John W. Vincent, 24, of Milton, was operating a 2011 Honda motorcycle while driving northbound on the highway. Authorities said Vincent was riding behind James E. Dijiacomo, 66, of Milford, who was driving 2009 Chevrolet Impala.

According to police, Vincent got too close to the Impala and stuck its rear. This caused Vincent to be thrown from his motorcycle onto the shoulder of the highway, police said. According to investigators, Dijiacomo was able to bring his car to a complete and controlled stop. Dijiacomo was not injured in the crash, police said.

Troopers said Vincent, who was not wearing a helmet, was treated at the scene for serious, but non-life-threatening injuries by EMS. He was then transported to Beebe Medical Center for additional treatment.  

Officers have cited Vincent with driving under the influence of a combination of alcohol and drugs, driving while suspended or revoked, no motorcycle endorsement, no proof of insurance, no registration in possession and no helmet in possession.

The second crash under investigation happened at around 10 p.m. in Dover. Police said Jeffrey D. McWaine Jr., 24, of Dover, was operating a 1995 Honda CBR600 motorcycle while traveling on Webbs Lane. Troopers said that is when a white car traveling westbound turned onto McDaniel Drive, into the Kent Acres Development, and cut in front of McWaine, causing him to crash and be thrown from his motorcycle.

It was reported that the white car continued into the development without stopping. Police said McWaine, who was wearing his helmet, was removed from the scene and transported by EMS to Kent General Hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries. 

McWaine was later transferred from Kent General to Christiana Medical Center where he was admitted. Police also cited McWaine with driving while suspended, no proof of insurance, and fictitious or canceled registration.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service