Fire Nearly Destroys Milford Home, Pictures of Angels Unscathed - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Nearly Destroys Milford Home, Pictures of Angels Unscathed


MILFORD, Del.- Joe Reilly says he couldn't believe it when a fire ripped through his historic Milford home.

"It spread so fast. It spread from the living room to the dining room. We were outside and the flames were shooting up outside the window," said Reilly.

Reilly's home caught fire in February. He says fire officials determined an electrical malfunction sparked the blaze. 

Reilly said that last week he found two pictures of angels untouched by the charred remains of his home.

Reilly said although he considers himself an agnostic, he is starting to think twice.

"I'm beginning to wonder now I mean, how (these pictures) survived, I don't know," said Reilly.

A paperback book of bedtime Bible stories also survived the fire. The book was found on a fireplace filled with soot and ash. Reilly said that after the fire, he came back to the home to look for DVD's on the fireplace and saw the book

"I can't understand how everything on the fireplace got destroyed but that book wasn't. That was the only thing on the fireplace. How it survived, I'm baffled," said Reilly.

Reilly describes it as a miracle and recalls other miracles that have happened to his family members.

"My niece, Eileen, was in a severe car accident. They used the jaws of life to get her out of the car. She died on the way to the hospital. They took the glove of St. Padre Pia and they rubbed the glove all over her and she somehow survived," said Reilly.

Another miracle, another sign, that angels could be watching over all of us.

Reilly said that once he gets his home repaired, he plans on hanging the two pictures of angels back on his dining room wall.

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices