Unattended Cooking Blamed for Dorchester Co. Blaze - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Unattended Cooking Blamed for Dorchester Co. Blaze

Posted:
(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

HURLOCK, Md.- Food left cooking on a stove sparked a fire that left a mobile home in Dorchester County in ruins over the weekend, authorities said.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the fire broke out shortly before 5 p.m. Sunday at a 12-foot by 60-foot mobile home located  at 5758 Mt. Holly Road in East New Market.

It took 40 firefighters from the East New Market, Hurlock, Secretary and Linkwood fire companies approximately 25 minutes to get the two-alarm blaze under control.

There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $50,000 in damage to the home and another $5,000 in damage to its contents.

According to investigators, the fire has been ruled accidental and started on the kitchen stove due to unattended cooking. 

The Red Cross is assisting the home's displaced occupants.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service