Unattended Cooking Blamed for Salisbury Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Unattended Cooking Blamed for Salisbury Fire

Posted:

SALISBURY, Md.- Investigators say unattended cooking is believed to have sparked a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Salisbury home on Monday night.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze occurred shortly before 8 p.m. at a two story home located at 409 Booth St.

It took 28 firefighters from the Salisbury Fire Department approximately 20 minutes to get the fire under control.

There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $10,000 in damage to the home and another $5,000 in damage to its contents.

According to investigators, the fire started in a first floor kitchen and has been ruled accidental. 

 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service