Fire Ruins Dorchester County Home - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Ruins Dorchester County Home


WOOLFORD, Md.- A dozen area fire companies responded to a Wednesday morning fire that caused nearly $200,000 in damage to a home in southern Dorchester County.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the fire was reported by a passerby shortly after 9 a.m. at a two story single family home located at 1624 Taylor's Island Road in Woolford.

It took 60 firefighters from the Church Creek, Madison, Rescue (Cambridge), Linkwood, Secretary, East New Market, Neck District, Trappe, Oxford, Easton, Mardela Springs and Hebron fire companies approximately one hour to get the 2-alarm blaze under control.

There were no reported injuries.

The fire caused an estimated $175,000 in damage to the structure and another $20,000 in damage to its contents.

Investigators determined the fire was accidental and was sparked by an exterior electrical service cable. 

Powered by Frankly

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2017 WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices