Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches

SALISBURY, Md.- Heavy rain and whippings winds are heading toward Delmarva from the Midwest and some locals are worried.

"I've been watching the news and I see what damage they do and it don't seem like nowhere is safe when tornadoes come," Mike Kellam of Salisbury said.

The threatening weather has Kellam preparing for the summer storm.

"I've got my weather radio, I just went and picked it up off my ice cream truck and I bought some non-perishable items and I've got big flashlights and I've got a little small generator," he said.

Wicomico County is warning people of the possible wind and the downed power lines that could accompany it.

"I have a big old oak tree in my yard and I'm afraid it might fall on my cars or my house," Nichole Kenny said.

But not everyone is so concerned.

"To me it's just a cycle, I've seen worse when I lived in Jackson, Miss., from where I'm from, a whole lot worse than what I see in Maryland," Emery Seneca said.

Wicomico County is urging people to sign up for their emergency message service at www.wicomicocounty.org.

Downtown Tree Lighting Excites Community

11/17/2017 23:38:00 -05:002017-11-18 04:38:00 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 11:45 PM EST2017-11-18 04:45:07 GMT
    Downtown Salisbury Tree Lighting CeremonyDowntown Salisbury Tree Lighting Ceremony
    SALISBURY, Md.- Downtown Salisbury flipped the switch on Friday night, lighting up their 18-foot Christmas tree and 5-foot menorah for the holiday season. With the excitement of this first holiday event many community members said even though it isnMore
    Downtown Salisbury flipped the switch on Friday night, lighting up their 18-foot Christmas tree and 5-foot menorah for the holiday season.More

Hearing in Delaware Prison Lawsuit Postponed

11/17/2017 19:27:00 -05:002017-11-18 00:27:00 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 7:27 PM EST2017-11-18 00:27:47 GMT
    The James T. Vaughn Correctional Center in Smyrna, Del. (Photo: WBOC)The James T. Vaughn Correctional Center in Smyrna, Del. (Photo: WBOC)
    DOVER, Del. (AP) - A judge has granted a request by lawyers for Delaware to delay a hearing in a federal lawsuit filed against the state in a deadly prison siege.U.S. District Judge Richard Andrews granted the request Friday, according to court records.More

New Report Finds Industrial Facilities Violating Pollution Permits, Harming Bay

11/17/2017 19:10:00 -05:002017-11-18 00:10:00 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 7:10 PM EST2017-11-18 00:10:32 GMT
    From the sewer to the ocean and everything in between, environmentalists say stormwater pollution is draining the health of the Chesapeake Bay.
    It's a problem that isn't getting better.
    It's a problem that isn't getting better.

Parkside High School Teacher Back Behind Bars

11/17/2017 17:29:00 -05:002017-11-17 22:29:00 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 5:29 PM EST2017-11-17 22:29:39 GMT
    Monica W. SneeMonica W. Snee
    The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office says the Parkside High School teacher arrested earlier this week in connection to a drug investigation is back behind bars.More

Six Arrested in Seaford Prostitution Sting

11/16/2017 13:46:00 -05:002017-11-16 18:46:00 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 10:14 AM EST2017-11-17 15:14:25 GMT

Police have uncovered a prostitution operation involving six suspects in the city of Seaford.

Police say an undercover prostitution sting led to the arrests of six men in Seaford, Delaware on Tuesday.

Parkside High Student Tased During Arrest

11/17/2017 15:57:00 -05:002017-11-17 20:57:00 GMT
    Friday, November 17 2017 3:57 PM EST2017-11-17 20:57:05 GMT
    Parkside High School (Photo: WBOC)Parkside High School (Photo: WBOC)
    The Wicomico County Sheriff's Office reports a Parkside High School student was tased by police during a drug investigation.More