Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches

SALISBURY, Md.- Heavy rain and whippings winds are heading toward Delmarva from the Midwest and some locals are worried.

"I've been watching the news and I see what damage they do and it don't seem like nowhere is safe when tornadoes come," Mike Kellam of Salisbury said.

The threatening weather has Kellam preparing for the summer storm.

"I've got my weather radio, I just went and picked it up off my ice cream truck and I bought some non-perishable items and I've got big flashlights and I've got a little small generator," he said.

Wicomico County is warning people of the possible wind and the downed power lines that could accompany it.

"I have a big old oak tree in my yard and I'm afraid it might fall on my cars or my house," Nichole Kenny said.

But not everyone is so concerned.

"To me it's just a cycle, I've seen worse when I lived in Jackson, Miss., from where I'm from, a whole lot worse than what I see in Maryland," Emery Seneca said.

Wicomico County is urging people to sign up for their emergency message service at www.wicomicocounty.org.

• NEW DETAILS: Parkside High School Student Arrested for Assaulting 14-Year-Old in School Guidance Office

Parkside High School Student Arrested for Assaulting 14-Year-Old During School Hours

May 21, 2018 7:52 PM2018-05-21 23:52:00 GMT
    Tuesday, May 22 2018 6:48 PM EDT2018-05-22 22:48:55 GMT
    SALISBURY, Md.- Court documents say the Parkside High School student arrested Monday for allegedly sexually assaulting a 14-year-old student during school hours did so in a school guidance office room.More

Scientists Battle Mosquitoes with Tiny "Copepods"

May 22, 2018 6:46 PM2018-05-22 22:46:00 GMT
    Tuesday, May 22 2018 6:46 PM EDT2018-05-22 22:46:33 GMT
    With plenty of rain on Delmarva, there are plenty of mosquitoes. Scientists at Horn Point Lab in Cambridge say they may have one thing up their sleeve to stop them.More
  • Arrests Made in Salisbury Armored Truck Robbery

Arrests Made In Salisbury Armored Truck Robbery

May 22, 2018 12:57 PM2018-05-22 16:57:00 GMT
    Tuesday, May 22 2018 6:23 PM EDT2018-05-22 22:23:32 GMT
    Pictured from left: Michael D. Watts, Orneth Patrick South and Ryan Shevin Smith (Photos credit: FBI/Salisbury Police Department)Pictured from left: Michael D. Watts, Orneth Patrick South and Ryan Shevin Smith (Photos credit: FBI/Salisbury Police Department)
    The Salisbury Police Department and the Baltimore FBI say three men have been arrested and charged in connection to January's armored truck robbery.More
  • Most Popular VideosMost Popular VideosMore>>

Ocean City Responds After Video of Criminal Activity During Cruisin' Weekend

Ocean City's mayor and police department are speaking out after video showed a large fight and a truck driving wildly up the Ocean City Boardwalk over the weekend.

Choptank Transport

There are so many businesses here on Delmarva that when you hear their name, you know exactly what they’re all about. One of those names in Choptank Transport. But what makes Choptank stand out are the faces behind the name. DelmarvaLife’s Sydney Whitfield visited the business to learn about what went into building such a hard-working team.

Dover Sears Department Store to Close

Sears Holdings said it is closing a department store at the Dover Mall in early August.

The corporation said the Sears store in the Dover Mall would be shut down as part of an effort to consolidate its stores to help adjust to a refocused business strategy.