Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches

SALISBURY, Md.- Heavy rain and whippings winds are heading toward Delmarva from the Midwest and some locals are worried.

"I've been watching the news and I see what damage they do and it don't seem like nowhere is safe when tornadoes come," Mike Kellam of Salisbury said.

The threatening weather has Kellam preparing for the summer storm.

"I've got my weather radio, I just went and picked it up off my ice cream truck and I bought some non-perishable items and I've got big flashlights and I've got a little small generator," he said.

Wicomico County is warning people of the possible wind and the downed power lines that could accompany it.

"I have a big old oak tree in my yard and I'm afraid it might fall on my cars or my house," Nichole Kenny said.

But not everyone is so concerned.

"To me it's just a cycle, I've seen worse when I lived in Jackson, Miss., from where I'm from, a whole lot worse than what I see in Maryland," Emery Seneca said.

Wicomico County is urging people to sign up for their emergency message service at www.wicomicocounty.org.

Three Men Convicted in Sharptown Shootout

07/27/2017 14:11:00 -04:002017-07-27 18:11:00 GMT
    Thursday, July 27 2017 2:42 PM EDT2017-07-27 18:42:10 GMT
     Bryan Blake, Jeffrey Whitten, Logan Littleon; Photo Credit: Wicomico County Sheriff's Office Bryan Blake, Jeffrey Whitten, Logan Littleon; Photo Credit: Wicomico County Sheriff's Office
    Three men have been convicted and sentenced in connection with a 2016 shootout in at Cherry Beach Park in Sharptown, Maryland.More
    Three men have been convicted and sentenced in connection with a 2016 shootout at Cherry Beach Park in Sharptown, Maryland.More

Intersection Changes Cause Relief and Concern

07/27/2017 23:49:00 -04:002017-07-28 03:49:00 GMT
    Thursday, July 27 2017 11:49 PM EDT2017-07-28 03:49:38 GMT
    GEORGETOWN, Del. - The addition of two stop signs to Springfield Road and Gravel Hill Road in Georgetown is a welcome change to many in the area...for the most part. A number of people say that more warning is needed for the stop signs, as drivers have bMore
  • Woman Wanted for Alleged Identity Theft

Woman Wanted for Alleged Fraud

Thursday, July 27 2017 4:52 PM EDT2017-07-27 20:52:10 GMT
    Thursday, July 27 2017 4:52 PM EDT2017-07-27 20:52:10 GMT
    This woman is wanted in connection to fraud.This woman is wanted in connection to fraud.
    Detectives from the Salisbury Police Department are working with the Kent County Sheriff's Office to try to identify a woman who is believed to be involved with identity theft.More