Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches

SALISBURY, Md.- Heavy rain and whippings winds are heading toward Delmarva from the Midwest and some locals are worried.

"I've been watching the news and I see what damage they do and it don't seem like nowhere is safe when tornadoes come," Mike Kellam of Salisbury said.

The threatening weather has Kellam preparing for the summer storm.

"I've got my weather radio, I just went and picked it up off my ice cream truck and I bought some non-perishable items and I've got big flashlights and I've got a little small generator," he said.

Wicomico County is warning people of the possible wind and the downed power lines that could accompany it.

"I have a big old oak tree in my yard and I'm afraid it might fall on my cars or my house," Nichole Kenny said.

But not everyone is so concerned.

"To me it's just a cycle, I've seen worse when I lived in Jackson, Miss., from where I'm from, a whole lot worse than what I see in Maryland," Emery Seneca said.

Wicomico County is urging people to sign up for their emergency message service at www.wicomicocounty.org.

Bethany Streetscape Project Won't Make Summer Deadline

Friday, April 18 2014 11:32 PM EDT2014-04-19 03:32:04 GMT
    The Bethany Beach Streetscape Project to reconstruct Garfield Parkway will go on hiatus from mid-may to October 14th, 2014.More

Economist Examines Maryland Minimum Wage Bill

Saturday, April 19 2014 5:37 AM EDT2014-04-19 09:37:18 GMT
    In a plan approved by the legislature, full-time minimum-wage workers in Maryland will ultimately make about $875 less annually than they would have under the governor's proposed timetable, an economic analyst said. More

Thousands Flock to Delaware Kite Festival

Saturday, April 19 2014 5:33 AM EDT2014-04-19 09:33:34 GMT
    Hundreds of kites filled the air above the Cape Henlopen State Park for the 46th annual Delaware Kite Festival. Despite some chilly winds, the Lewes Chamber of Commerce said that more than 3,000 people came for the event. More

Delmarva Chicken Festival to End in 2014

Friday, April 18 2014 3:52 PM EDT2014-04-18 19:52:53 GMT
    The Delmarva Chicken Festival is making its last run this year after 65 years on the Delmarva Peninsula.More

Pastor Carries Cross from Georgetown to Rehoboth Beach

Friday, April 18 2014 11:22 PM EDT2014-04-19 03:22:29 GMT
    GEORGETOWN, Del.- About 16 miles separates Georgetown from Rehoboth Beach. That may not sound like a long distance. But picture doing it by foot."We're carrying a cross all the way from the circle in Georgetown on route 9 all the way to Rehoboth," said Pastor Joel Hitchcock of River City Church. Pastor Hitchcock alongside others spent Good Friday carrying a cross. His logic behind it all was simple."The reason for carrying this cross is to remind people of the main reason for Easter."When we ...More

Police Investigate Serious Crash North of Laurel

Friday, April 18 2014 8:16 AM EDT2014-04-18 12:16:32 GMT
    The Delaware State Police are currently investigating a serious motor vehicle crash that occurred late Thursday night north of Laurel.More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service