Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Delmarvans Prep as Powerful Summer P.M. Storm Approaches

SALISBURY, Md.- Heavy rain and whippings winds are heading toward Delmarva from the Midwest and some locals are worried.

"I've been watching the news and I see what damage they do and it don't seem like nowhere is safe when tornadoes come," Mike Kellam of Salisbury said.

The threatening weather has Kellam preparing for the summer storm.

"I've got my weather radio, I just went and picked it up off my ice cream truck and I bought some non-perishable items and I've got big flashlights and I've got a little small generator," he said.

Wicomico County is warning people of the possible wind and the downed power lines that could accompany it.

"I have a big old oak tree in my yard and I'm afraid it might fall on my cars or my house," Nichole Kenny said.

But not everyone is so concerned.

"To me it's just a cycle, I've seen worse when I lived in Jackson, Miss., from where I'm from, a whole lot worse than what I see in Maryland," Emery Seneca said.

Wicomico County is urging people to sign up for their emergency message service at www.wicomicocounty.org.

'Ghost Pots' Hurting Chesapeake Bay's Blue Crab Population

Wednesday, May 24 2017 10:28 AM EDT2017-05-24 14:28:22 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 11:13 PM EDT2017-05-25 03:13:21 GMT

Crabbing season is well underway, and that means hundreds of thousands of crab pots are in the Chesapeake Bay catching blue crabs. However, many of those pots can quickly become "ghost" pots, sinking to the bottom of the bay and taking millions of crabs with them. These ghost pots have been a problem in the bay for decades, diminishing the crab population, and potentially costing watermen millions of dollars.

Crabbing season is well underway, and that means hundreds of thousands of crab pots are in the Chesapeake Bay catching blue crabs. However, many of those pots can quickly become "ghost" pots, sinking to the bottom of the bay and taking millions of crabs with them. Those ghost pots have been a problem in the bay for decades, diminishing the crab population, and potentially costing watermen millions of dollars.

Cruisin' Leaves it's Mark on Ocean City

Wednesday, May 24 2017 6:38 PM EDT2017-05-24 22:38:22 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 11:14 PM EDT2017-05-25 03:14:12 GMT

Cruisin' leaves it's mark on Ocean City.

Cruisin' leaves it's mark on Ocean City.

Two Men Shot While Filming Rap Video in Dover

Wednesday, May 24 2017 6:34 PM EDT2017-05-24 22:34:18 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 11:11 PM EDT2017-05-25 03:11:56 GMT

The Dover Police Department says two people were hurt in an afternoon shooting in the Capitol Green neighborhood.

• Most Popular VideosMost Popular VideosMore>>

Price Comparison: Where to Buy Crabs Over Memorial Day Weekend

For many people on Delmarva, a favorite way to spend the Memorial Day holiday weekend is by enjoying blue crabs. If you're planning on buying crabs for carryout - either live or steamed - prices vary widely depending on location. Check out the price list for an idea about how much it will cost you to buy crabs from some local places in the area. Unless otherwise noted, prices listed are for #1 (large) males.

Historic Seaford Diner Torn Down

One of the last remaining 1950's diner cars on Delmarva is now nothing but rubble.

The Seaford Eagle Diner was ripped down Tuesday morning so the owners can re-build a new restaurant on site. Owner Serkan Darilmaz says the diner was in such bad shape that renovating it would've come at an astronomical cost.

Woodbridge High Student Organizes "Hometown Heroes" Campaign

Woodbridge High School senior Jacob Johnson, inspired by his senior project, is behind a banner campaign to honor veterans from Bridgeville.