Unattended Cooking Blamed for Salisbury Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Unattended Cooking Blamed for Salisbury Fire

Posted: Updated:
(Photo: CBS) (Photo: CBS)

SALISBURY, Md.- Investigators say unattended cooking caused an early Monday house fire in Salisbury that left one person injured.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze occurred shortly before 1 a.m. at a one story home located at 800 Miami Ave.

It took 20 firefighters from the Salisbury Fire Department approximately 10 minutes to get the fire under control.

Investigators said one person was treated for smoke inhalation. The fire caused an estimated $10,000 in damage to the home and another $5,000 in damage to its contents.

The fire started in the home's kitchen and has been ruled accidental, authorities said. They also noted that a smoke detector was present, but did not work.

 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service