Bodenweiser Back in Court in July - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Bodenweiser Back in Court in July

Posted:
Eric Bodenweiser Eric Bodenweiser

GEORGETOWN, Del.- Former Sussex County politician Eric Bodenweiser, accused of sexually abusing a boy more than 20 years ago, is scheduled back in Superior Court on July 8.

According to Sussex County Superior Court, the hearing on July 8 will be a suppression hearing motion and closed off to the public, however, trial is likely the next destination.

According to the indictment obtained by WBOC News, the indictment against the 53-year-old Bodenweiser of Georgetown consists of 113 total counts, including 39 counts of first-degree unlawful sexual intercourse and 74 counts of second-degree unlawful sexual contact.

Bodenweiser is charged with the sexual abuse of a boy under the age of 16 between October 1987 and August 1990. He is out on $250,000 bail made by bond in October of last year.

Bodenweiser withdrew from the race for Delaware's 19th District Senate seat last year shortly before the allegations surfaced. He won the Republican Primary before suspending his campaign.

The Sussex County Republican Committee subsequently threw its support behind write-in candidate and eventual winner Brian Petty john, Georgetown's former mayor and a former councilman.

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Two Ships Collide in VA Shipping Channel

    Two Ships Collide in VA Shipping Channel

    Wednesday, April 16 2014 1:20 AM EDT2014-04-16 05:20:21 GMT
    The Coast Guard says two ships have collided in a main shipping channel off the Virginia coast while a 751-foot cargo ship ran aground in high winds gusting up to 70 mph.More
    The Coast Guard says two ships have collided in a main shipping channel off the Virginia coast while a 751-foot cargo ship ran aground in high winds gusting up to 70 mph.More
  • More Store Closures Coming To Delaware

    More Store Closures Coming To Delaware

    Tuesday, April 15 2014 11:33 PM EDT2014-04-16 03:33:00 GMT
    SEAFORD, De.- Another major store is closing in Delaware. This time it’s the Sears in Seaford. This comes shortly after news broke that the Kmart store in Dover was closing. Both stores will be closing its doors this summer. It’s all part of changes coming to the Sears Holding Corporation. Customers were not too happy about their local store closing. "I hate it. I don't like it at all,” said Ruth Sneller of Seaford. “Just means we have to go somewhere else to buy especially appliances an...More
    SEAFORD, De.- Another major store is closing in Delaware. This time it’s the Sears in Seaford. This comes shortly after news broke that the Kmart store in Dover was closing. Both stores will be closing its doors this summer. It’s all part of changes coming to the Sears Holding Corporation. Customers were not too happy about their local store closing. "I hate it. I don't like it at all,” said Ruth Sneller of Seaford. “Just means we have to go somewhere else to buy especially appliances an...More
  • Man Found Passed Out in Fast-food Drive-thru

    Man Found Passed Out in Fast-food Drive-thru

    Wilmington Police have arrested a man passed out behind the wheel in the drive-thru of a fast food restaurant after allegedly finding a loaded gun in the car.More
    Wilmington Police have arrested a man passed out behind the wheel in the drive-thru of a fast food restaurant after allegedly finding a loaded gun in the car.More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service