Electrical Short Caused Cambridge Salvation Army Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Electrical Short Caused Cambridge Salvation Army Fire

Posted:

CAMBRIDGE, Md.- The State Fire Marshal's Office say a fire that heavily damaged the Salvation Army store in Cambridge last month was caused by a short in an electric cable.

The four-alarm fire on June 24 caused an estimated $500,000 in damage to the building, which included a clothing store.

The Fire Marshal said Friday that evidence of an electrical malfunction was found within the structural wiring of a wall inside the store.

More than 125 firefighters from four counties battled the blaze for almost three hours. There were no injuries.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service