Frederica Home Damaged in Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Frederica Home Damaged in Fire

(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

FREDERICA, Del.- Authorities have ruled as accidental a Wednesday night fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a home in Frederica.

The Delaware State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze occurred at around 8:15 p.m. at a single family home on the 100 block of Whitwell Delight Drive. 

The Bowers Fire Company arrived on location with fire on the exterior of home. Assistance was requested from the Frederica, Magnolia, and Little Creek fire companies, as well as, Kent County Paramedics. The fire was placed under control at 8:50 p.m. with no injuries reported. 

Deputy state fire marshals investigating the fire determined it originated at a liquid fueled electrical generator next to the home, and was caused by an electrical overload. The home did not have operating smoke detectors, investigators said.

Damages were estimated at $10,000. The occupants are being assisted by the Red Cross of Delmarva.


Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service