Camper Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Camper Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Posted:

CRESAPTOWN, Md. (AP) - The Allegany County Sheriff's Department says a camper at the fairgrounds in Cresaptown has died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Deputies say 75-year-old William E. Miller of Windber, Pa., was pronounced dead Thursday morning at his RV. His wife, 76-year-old, Ruth L. Miller, was taken to a hospital in Cumberland.

Officials say the Millers started a gas generator near the rear of their RV shortly before going to sleep Wednesday night. Deputies say the generator was only several feet from the recreation vehicle, with its exhaust pointing toward the RV.

Officials say the couple fell asleep with the generator running, and exhaust fumes entered the RV.

The couple was discovered Thursday morning.

 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service