UD Says 2K More Compromised in Cyberattack - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

UD Says 2K More Compromised in Cyberattack

Posted:

NEWARK, Del. (AP)- The University of Delaware says 2,000 more people than previously thought were exposed in a recent cyberattack.

The university's announcement on Monday brings the total of people compromised in last month's attack on its website to 74,000. The university says hackers compromised names, Social Security numbers and university identification numbers.

Records for past employees, including student workers, were among the more than 72,000 initially affected. The school says another 2,000 records were related to people who received payment from the university.

The university says its review to determine whose information was compromised is now complete. The university has contacted the FBI, which may investigate the attack as a criminal matter. A private firm will help determine how the breach occurred.

 

  • Delmarvawide NewsDelmarvawide NewsMore>>

  • Sex Abuse Settlement Drained by Victim's Family

    Sex Abuse Settlement Drained by Victim's Family

    Thursday, July 31 2014 2:22 PM EDT2014-07-31 18:22:51 GMT
    A Delaware judge says much of the settlement money for a man who was sexually abused by a Catholic priest has been spent by family members on cars, jewelry and other property.More
    A Delaware judge says much of the settlement money for a man who was sexually abused by a Catholic priest has been spent by family members on cars, jewelry and other property.More
  • Easton Woman Charged with Murder of Virginia Tech Student

    Easton Woman Charged with Murder of Virginia Tech Student

    Thursday, July 31 2014 12:48 PM EDT2014-07-31 16:48:41 GMT
    A 22-year-old Easton, Md. woman has been charged with both first- and second-degree murder in Virginia's Montgomery County Circuit Court.More
    A 22-year-old Easton, Md. woman has been charged with both first- and second-degree murder in Virginia's Montgomery County Circuit Court.More
  • Speedway to Host 9/11 Memorial Blood Drive

    Speedway to Host 9/11 Memorial Blood Drive

    Thursday, July 31 2014 12:46 PM EDT2014-07-31 16:46:07 GMT
    Dover International Speedway will host its ninth annual 9/11 Memorial Blood Drive on September 11. The event will take place in the Dover Downs Hotel and Casino from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. All donors will receive a complimentary pair of tickets to the NASCAR Nationwide Series race, scheduled for September 27 at the Speedway.More
    Dover International Speedway will host its ninth annual 9/11 Memorial Blood Drive on September 11. The event will take place in the Dover Downs Hotel and Casino from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. All donors will receive a complimentary pair of tickets to the NASCAR Nationwide Series race, scheduled for September 27 at the Speedway.More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service