WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - Authorities say emergency responders were called earlier this month to the home where the son of Vice President Joe Biden has been living, two weeks before he was hospitalized during a family vacation.
An official with the Cranston Heights Fire Co. said Wednesday that the department received a call for help from Biden's home on Aug. 1. His son, Delaware Attorney General Beau Biden, has been living at the home while a house he bought is being renovated.
Rickie Clark, a supervisor for the fire department, said the call for help was in reference to someone possibly having a stroke.
Beau Biden, who suffered a mild stroke in 2010, is undergoing treatment at a cancer center in Texas after becoming weak and disoriented last week while on vacation in Indiana.
America's coolest small town is not the quietest. An alarm malfunction earlier this month left the town's fire sirens ringing for an extended period of time.That incident got residents fired up and now they want to remove the sirens that have been a fixture in Berlin for many years.?More