Fire Damages Home in Ocean City - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Damages Home in Ocean City

Posted:
(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

OCEAN CITY, Md.- Authorities have ruled as accidental a fire that broke out in the kitchen of an Ocean City home and then spread to the rest of the dwelling.

Officials with the Ocean City Fire Department said the blaze broke out around 5 p.m. Thursday at a home located in the area of 128th Street. Fire crews responded to the scene, which was located on the ocean block, and found fire coming from the home upon their arrival.

According to witnesses, the fire began in the kitchen and rapidly spread through the interior of the home. Officials said fire crews worked immediately to control the blaze, which was extinguished a short time later. 

The occupants of the home were able to safely exit upon arrival of fire department, however a cat remained inside.  Firefighters located the animal and safely returned the pet to its owners.  No injuries were reported by the occupants or the animal, which was transported to the Ocean City Animal Hospital.

The cause of the fire, which was investigated by the Ocean City Fire Marshal's Office, has been classified accidental.
 

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Delmar Man Gets 75 Years for Murder

    Delmar Man Gets 75 Years for Murder

    Thursday, April 24 2014 12:07 PM EDT2014-04-24 16:07:17 GMT
    A Delmar man convicted of second-degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred last year was sentenced to 75 years in prison Thursday, according to the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office.More
    A Delmar man convicted of second-degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred last year was sentenced to 75 years in prison Thursday, according to the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office. More
  • Fire at Berlin Main Street Restaurant

    Fire at Berlin Main Street Restaurant

    Thursday, April 24 2014 1:05 PM EDT2014-04-24 17:05:28 GMT
    BERLIN, Md. – The manager of Siculi Rustic Italian Restaurant said a small fire started in the kitchen of the restaurant, which is located on Main Street.More
    The manager of Siculi Rustic Italian Restaurant on Main Street in Berlin says a small fire started in the kitchen late Thursday morning.More
  • Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Thursday, April 24 2014 11:34 PM EDT2014-04-25 03:34:48 GMT
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service