Halloween Safety Tips - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Halloween Safety Tips

Posted:

BALTIMORE, Md. (AP) - The state fire marshal is urging residents to use battery operated candles instead of lighted candles when decorating for Halloween.

Fire Marshal Brian S. Geraci also says costumes should be labeled flame-resistant or flame-retardant, or made of materials that will not easily ignite.

Geraci offered other safety tips for Halloween:

  • Pick costumes that are bright and reflective
  • Give children flashlights to carry while trick-or-treating
  • Do not overload electrical outlets and extension cords

Ceraci also urged that residents make sure their homes are equipped with working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.

 

  • Most Popular StoriesMost Popular StoriesMore>>

  • Delmar Man Gets 75 Years for Murder

    Delmar Man Gets 75 Years for Murder

    Thursday, April 24 2014 12:07 PM EDT2014-04-24 16:07:17 GMT
    A Delmar man convicted of second-degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred last year was sentenced to 75 years in prison Thursday, according to the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office.More
    A Delmar man convicted of second-degree murder in connection with a fatal shooting that occurred last year was sentenced to 75 years in prison Thursday, according to the Wicomico County State's Attorney's Office. More
  • Fire at Berlin Main Street Restaurant

    Fire at Berlin Main Street Restaurant

    Thursday, April 24 2014 1:05 PM EDT2014-04-24 17:05:28 GMT
    BERLIN, Md. – The manager of Siculi Rustic Italian Restaurant said a small fire started in the kitchen of the restaurant, which is located on Main Street.More
    The manager of Siculi Rustic Italian Restaurant on Main Street in Berlin says a small fire started in the kitchen late Thursday morning.More
  • Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Fire Destroys Mid-Atlantic Family Practice in Lewes

    Thursday, April 24 2014 11:34 PM EDT2014-04-25 03:34:48 GMT
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
    Fire broke out at the Mid-Atlantic Family Practice office on Route 24 in Lewes this afternoon. Heavy black smoke was seen billowing from the building.More
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service