Cambridge Home Damaged in Accidental Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Cambridge Home Damaged in Accidental Fire

Posted: Updated:

CAMBRIDGE, Md.- Authorities say a home improvement project sparked a fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Cambridge home.

Firefighters responded to the call just before 4 p.m. Tuesday on the 3000 block of Beaver Neck Village Road. It took 45 firefighters about 40 minutes to get the flames under control

State fire investigators said the homeowner was repairing existing copper lines in the bathroom with a propane torch, which ignited the wood-framed wall. Authorities said the occupant tried to extinguish the fire but was unable to and notified 911.

No injuries were reported. The fire caused an estimated $10,000 in damage to the home and another $5,000 in damage to its contents.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service