Home Fire Ruled Accidental by Md. Fire Marshals - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Home Fire Ruled Accidental by Md. Fire Marshals

Posted: Updated:

DELMAR, Md.– Authorities have ruled as accidental a Tuesday night fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a home in Delmar, Md.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze occurred at around 6 p.m. at a single story home on the 700 block of East Pine Street, when the homeowner discovered flames in the attic.  

It took 15 firefighters about 35 minutes to get control of the fire. There were no reported injuries. The fire caused about $15,000 in damages to the home and $5,000 to its contents.

Investigators ruled the fire as accidental and said an electrical malfunction was to blame. 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service