Unattended Cooking Blamed for Centreville House Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Unattended Cooking Blamed for Centreville House Fire

Posted: Updated:

CENTREVILLE, Md.- Authorities say unattended cooking is to blame for a Tuesday morning fire that left a Centreville home in ruins.
 
The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze broke out shortly after 10 a.m. at the home located on the 100 block of Mallard Drive. Nearly 45 firefighters from Maryland and Delaware responded to the scene. Firefighters brought the two-alarm blaze under control within one hour after arrival.
 
There were no reported injuries to the family of five. However, a family pet perished in the blaze. The fire caused an estimated $300,000 in damages.
 
Deputy state fire marshals said their investigation determined that a pan of hot grease overheated and ignited nearby combustibles, resulting in the fire which heavily damaged the home within several minutes.
 
 
Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service