Fire Damages Salisbury Home - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Fire Damages Salisbury Home

Posted:
(Photo: WBOC) (Photo: WBOC)
(Photo: WBOC) (Photo: WBOC)

SALISBURY, Md.- A rental home in Salisbury went up in flames Thursday morning, destroying nearly everything inside.

The fire broke out shortly before 8 a.m. at a two story home on Buena Vista Avenue. Officials with the Salisbury Fire Department said no one was at home at the time and there were no reported injuries.

While the cause of the blaze remains under investigation by the Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office, Salisbury Acting Fire Chief Rob Frampton said portable items used to heat up a home could cause such fires to happen.

"Of course there's always the threat of arson when somebody's not home, but typically during the holidays it is electrical with Christmas trees and extra heaters and things like that at winter time as well. So usually they lead towards electrical or candles, unattended candles. We're not sure how long she's been away from the house."

 The department estimates the damage to be the home to be approximately $150,000.

 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service