Faulty Electrical Wiring Blamed for Cambridge Fire - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Faulty Electrical Wiring Blamed for Cambridge Fire

Updated:

CAMBRIDGE, Md.- Authorities have ruled as accidental a Sunday fire that caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Cambridge home.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze happened shortly after 12 p.m. at the two-story home located on the 700 block of Academy Street.  

Twenty firefighters from the Rescue (Cambridge) Vol. Fire Company got the fire under control within 15 minutes. There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $10,000 in damage to the structure.

Investigators determined the fire started due to a failure in electrical wiring in the attic.

Smoke detectors were present and operational at the time of the fire, Deputy State Fire Marshals said. 

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service