Salisbury House Fire Ruled Accidental - WBOC-TV 16, Delmarvas News Leader, FOX 21 -

Salisbury House Fire Ruled Accidental

Updated:
(Photo: MGN) (Photo: MGN)

SALISBURY, Md.- Authorities have ruled as accidental an early Tuesday fire that damaged a home at 237 Hazel Ave. in Salisbury.

The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office said the blaze occurred just after 4 a.m. at the two-story multi-family dwelling. Investigators said the home had smoke detectors but they were not activated. A crew of firefighters from Salisbury Station 16 got the blaze under control within 30 minutes.

There were no reported injuries. The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage to the structure and another $500 in damage to its contents.

Investigators determined the fire was sparked by an electrical short due a burst water pipe in the first-floor rear bedroom.

Powered by WorldNow

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and WBOC. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service