SALISBURY, Md.- The Delmarva Shorebirds, class "A" affiliate of the Baltimore Orioles, have unveiled their 2014 fan giveaway schedule.
The Shorebirds will host 11 giveaway nights throughout the season at Arthur W. Perdue Stadium.
The first giveaway of the season will occur during the home opener on April 10 when the first 5,000 fans will receive the official 2014 magnet schedule presented by Azar Eye Institute.
"This year's giveaway schedule is unique with brand new items like the Machado Gnome (July 18) and a Shorebirds scarf (August 29)," said Shorebirds general manager Chris Bitters. "We encourage our fans to arrive early at the gates on the giveaway nights to make sure you receive the item!"
Below is a listing of all the giveaways scheduled for 2014.
• April 10 – Magnet Schedule Giveaway presented by Azar Eye Institute (first 5,000 fans)
• April 11 – Rally Towel Giveaway presented by Wilgus Insurance
• April 24 – Fan Choice Hat Giveaway presented by Spicer Bros. Construction, Inc. (first 500 fans)
• April 25 – Shorebirds Poster Giveaway
• May 22 – Hunter Orange Hat Giveaway presented by Spicer Bros. Construction, Inc. (first 500 fans)
• June 6 – Delaware State Fair Ticket and Concert Series Giveaway, along with Team Photo Giveaway Presented by The Delaware State Fair
• June 19 – Shorebirds White Hat Giveaway Spicer Bros. Construction, Inc (first 500 fans)
• July 18 – Manny Machado Gnome Giveaway
• July 31 – Pink Camo Hat Giveaway Spicer Bros. Construction, Inc (first 500 fans)
• Aug. 1 – Manny Machado Jersey Giveaway presented by Holloway Tours
• Aug. 29 – Shorebirds Scarf Giveaway
The first 1,000 fans through the gates on the listed nights will receive the giveaways unless otherwise noted.
Gates open one hour before first pitch for the general public and two hours prior to game time for season ticket holders.
The Shorebirds are bringing back the hat giveaway series in 2014. This year, in partnership with Spicer Bros. Construction, Inc., fans had a chance through the Shorebirds Facebook page to vote on the hat design that will be given away on April 24. In total, there will be four hat giveaway nights.
Back again, the Delaware State Fair is sponsoring multiple giveaways for the game on June 6. The first 1,000 fans will receive a ticket to the fair. In addition, a few lucky fans will win fair concert tickets throughout the game. The first 1,000 fans will also receive a 2014 Shorebirds team photo.
Manny Machado, former Delmarva Shorebird and current Baltimore Oriole, will be showcased in two giveaways. Machado played for the Shorebirds in 2011, and he has since become an All-Star third baseman for the Orioles.
The Shorebirds' promotions will feature Machado with the lawn gnome giveaway on July 18, and the jersey giveaway on August 1. The Machado gnome is perfect for decorating your front lawn or garden. Last season, the Machado jersey generated such high demand that the Shorebirds are giving away another Machado jersey this year – a replica of the Shorebirds' road grey jersey.
The final giveaway of the season will be a brand new item for Shorebirds fans. On August 29, the first 1,000 fans will receive a Shorebirds scarf, great for showing your Shorebirds spirit even after baseball season is over.
The Shorebirds currently have four ticket packages available that include the games listed above. Full Season Tickets, Half Season Tickets, 22-Game Plans and 12-Game Plans are on sale to the public.
For more information, contact the Shorebirds Box Office at (410) 219-3112.